An introduction to caring for your alpacas
It is important to understand alpacas sufficiently to effectively care for them. Welsh Valley Alpacas are beginning this autumn with the first in a series of workshops which aims to develop both your knowledge and skills to help you do just that.
- cover the basic needs of alpacas and how to meet them;
- introduce your role in protecting and promoting their health;
- consider the best way to approach handling alpacas for basic husbandry;
- how to move them safely around your farm;
- how to know when to ask for help; and
- help you develop a yearly plan to ensure the important things get done at the right time.
There will be future modules on more detailed topics such as shearing; fleece and fibre; and breeding alpacas. If you feel there is a particular subject area you want us to cover, please let us know.
See The Alpaca Shepherd diary event for more details.
[blockquote type=”2″ position=”left” author=””]If you want to be more confident in caring for your alpacas and get more enjoyment from them, then this is the course for you.[/blockquote]